Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Playoffs start tomorrow!


I have to be honest, I am so excited right now I can barely stand it. Well, let's be honest....excited, nervous, anxious all wrapped into one. Up top is a picture of Ryan Dempster, who will be on the mound tomorrow night for our Cubbies when they face off against Derek Lowe and the Dodgers. I really can't say much more, if you know me you know I am freaking out right now. I will leave you with an unbelievable quote I found online, from Vin Scully, one of the most famous baseball announcers EVER. This quote comes from 1989, it was the opening lines before the Cubs started their NLCS playoff series that year. If you are a Cubs fan and this doesn't A. Get you excited for tomorrow night and B. Give you goosebumps, then you got something wrong with ya. Everyone have a great day tomorrow, GO CUBS!


She stands alone on the corner of Clark and Addison

This dowager queen, dressed in black and pearls

75 years old

Proud head held high

And not a hair out of place

Awaiting yet another date with destiny

Another time for Mr. Right


She dreams, as old ladies will

Of men gone long ago

Joe Tinker

Johnny Evers

Frank Chance


And of those of recent vintage

Like her man Ernie

And The Lion

And Sweet Billy Williams


And she thinks wistfully of what might have been

And the pain is still fresh and new

And her eyes fill

Her lips tremble

And she shakes her head ever so slightly


And then she sighs

Pulls her shall tightly around her frail shoulders

And thinks

“This time.”

“This time it will be better.”

No comments: