Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big weekend series for the Cubs, and football is almost her!


Tonight the Cubs start a big 4 game series vs the Philadelphia Phillies. Philly is battling for a division title just as the Cubs are, and this could very well be a playoff series a little over a month from now. Game 1 has two aces on the mound, as the Phillies will throw Cole Hamels vs the Cubs Ryan Dempster. Should be a good one! Switching topics up a little bit, football is almost upon us for both the college and NFL seasons. College football actually kicks off tonight on ESPN, but the game I am most looking forward to is this Saturday night when Illinois battles Missouri in the Edward Jones Dome. A battle of two top 20 teams, both with All Americans on both sides of the ball. Should be a great game, and go far in deciding both teams seasons. NEXT weekend the NFL gets things kicked off, and my wife and I will be in attendance at Lucas Oil Stadium for the FIRST EVER Colts game played there when they take on DA BEARS. I will be sporting my Urlacher jersey, and my wife will be wearing her Manning one. Should be a fun night, atleast for one of us : )

2 comments:

Laura31086 said...

I think you should be a writer for the State Journal Register!:)

Anonymous said...

Da Bears finally pulled out a victory last night vs. the Browns. Let's carry that momentum into the regular season.