Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cubs win series, first NL team to 80 wins!


On a beautiful, windy afternoon at Wrigley Field, our Cubbies became the first National League team to reach 80 wins behind the strong arm of Rich Harden. Harden, 4-1 since joining Chicago, has been unbelievable for us so far. It can be argued that he has been just as, if not more valuable than C.C. Sabathia has for the Brewers since early July. A potential postseason rotation of Zambrano, Dempster, Harden, and possibly Lilly looks DOMINANT on paper for us. This week we head to Pittsburgh for 3, and then a HUGE weekend series looms against Philadelphia back at Wrigley. Just remember....CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

3 comments:

J O S H said...

Harden is the man. The Boo-ers can keep Fatty C-squared. This is going to be a trying month, The schedule is relentlessly hard; so I have my hat and I am going to hold the F*** onto it.

Lindsey said...

Matt you are hilarious with this blog!! Tell your beautiful wife I said hello!

THE BIGGEST C said...

I'll have to send this link to my Brother In Law Sean!!! He will love it!!!! Tell that wife of yours she needs to start a BLOG!!