Friday, August 29, 2008

I-L-L! I-N-I! Plus a few random notes...



Tomorrow night marks the return of the #20 ranked Fighting Illini football team as they take on the #6 ranked Missouri Tigers. Most of the talk surrounding the Tigers is on their QB Chase Daniel, who is gearing up for a potential run at The Heisman Trophy. In my opinion, however, the matchup of the night will be Mizzou WR David Maclin vs Illini CB Vontae Davis. Maclin set numerous college records last year as a freshman, and Davis enters the season as the #2 ranked pro prospect according to The Sporting News. All eyes will be on their head to head matchup, let's hope it lives up to the hype. Other random observations...

*The Cubs beat the Phillies again this afternoon, 3-2. The first two games have been very exciting, and if these two teams do end up meeting in October, it is going to be one hell of a series.

*According to my buddy J Hova, Oscar de la Hoya has signed on the dotted line to face Manny Pacquaio in December. It should be a tremendous fight, and it shows that Oscar is still willing to go toe to toe with the best in boxing. My money is on Manny, and I hope to be watching it a few months from now.

*Whether you are a Republican or Democrat, it must be said that what is happening in this election is truly historic. We now have both an African American and a woman on their prospective parties tickets, which at one time not too long ago would have been unheard of. Should be interesting to see where the rest of this race takes us!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Buzz said...

I can not match your editor like spreads but what I can do is find sweet pictures and put them on your blog! Love this man, keep it going!